I list 17 reasons below on why people should play and study chess.
- It can be fun.
- You can develop your thinking with it.
- Learning it doesn’t ever stop, so it’s a hobby for a lifetime.
- It can increase your IQ.
- Playing chess prevents Alzheimer’s.
- It trains both sides of a brain (you are creative and rational at the same time).
- It increases your creativity.
- It betters you memory.
- It teaches problem solving.
- It betters your reading ability.
- It betters your concentration.
- It teaches planning and prediction skills.
- It teaches how to lose and try again.
- It can help your self-esteem.
- You can meet new people with the hobby.
- Its history is exciting.
- Winning is fun.